Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Where to Extract G.729 Stream

From: Scott Lowrey <slowrey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 10:18:51 -0500
Debug what packet? The RTP? Ethereal already has that capability.

If you want to "see" the G.729 payload, that's different. G.729 uses a
licensed compression algorightm. See voiceage.com for details.

There is an effort to release G.729(A) to the open source world, but
only for R&D. See vovida.org and voiceage.com. I'm not sure if this
could be incorporated into Ethereal... nor am I sure if it belongs there.

Anyway, Ethereal is capable of capturing any RTP stream, regardless of
codec payload. Analyzing that stream is a science in and of itself. :)