Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Re: Ethereal-usersSNMP MIB DB

From: Wes Hardaker <wjhns36@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 22:07:02 -0800
>>>>> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:50:37 -0500, Michael Matthews <mjmatthews1@xxxxxxx> said:

Michael> I am new to ethereal. I do a lot of SNMP work. I am impressed
Michael> by ethereals report interface but how is the MIB DB
Michael> maintained/configured?  I cannot find any docs on this. I use
Michael> a lot of vendor mibs other than RFCs. Any help would be
Michael> appreciated including source location.

The mibs are actually handled by the Net-SNMP package.  If you want to
understand how to get it to deal with loading vendor and other MIBs
that aren't in its default list then see:

http://www.net-snmp.org/tutorial/tutorial-5/commands/mib-options.html

Once you understand that, the MIBS environment variable (which isn't
mentioned on that page but should be) can be used as the default -M
switch shown in that tutorial.

--
Wes Hardaker
Sparta