Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] ip addrss

From: Scott Lowrey <slowrey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:05:40 -0500
Doesn't matter.  The interface doesn't even need an address if it's only going to listen - it just needs to be enabled.

D1tek123@xxxxxxx wrote:
i'm able to capture packets from my pc where ethereal is running.but what should be the network int card ip address set to when connecting my pc to a switch or router?should it correspond with the network?is there a particular ip addr?please help.  thank you.

jun