Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] tethereal -l (flush)

From: Arik Dasen <arik.dasen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:53:06 +0100
Hi all

I'm piping the tethereal output (packet summary) to my app. The documentation says that I can use the '-l' option to force a flush, so that I have the packet immediatly after dissecting. But this doesn't seem to work. When I timestamp the output in my app I noticed that I get a bunch of packets roughly every 1s... Adding or removing the -l option doesn't have any influence on that.
Any ideas? Did I miss something or is there any known issue?
Thanks

Rik