Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Microsoft Word Document

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 00:05:56 -0800
Mike Philip wrote:
How do you reconstruct a MS Word document captured via
ethereal?

How was it transferred?

If it was transferred over HTTP, then (at least if it's not so big that Ethereal runs out of memory) you could enable reassembly of HTTP headers and bodies (see the preferences for HTTP - and also the preferences for TCP, as you have to enable reassembly of protocols running atop HTTP), you could select the HTTP body and use File -> Export -> Selected Bytes... to save the data in the HTTP body.