Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Problems with Ethereal

From: ilker <ilkerdeligoz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:24:03 +0200
with command line option -a  (below is from doc\tethereal.html that
comes with ethereal)
---------------
-a
Specify a criterion that specifies when Tethereal is to stop writing
to a capture file. The criterion is of the form test:value, where test
is one of:
duration
Stop writing to a capture file after value seconds have elapsed.
so you can tell tethereal/ethereal how many seconds to capture
(instead of telling when to stop, i don't know if there is another
way)
you can edit your batch file or launcher program to calculate number
of seconds between start time and shutdown time and pass it as
parameter to tethereal/ethereal