Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] duplicate packages in COTP

Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:10:08 +0100 (MET)
Hello,

I'm quite new in the world of netwerk analysis.

We have a problem with a very small industrial network with 5 partners (2
PC, 3 PLC), which is extremly slow (10 MBit Ethernet; average load: 0,26
MBit/sec; load is relative constant; no peaks; response times up to 2
seconds where it should be one second).

The only used protocols are COTP and H1, which is also based on COTP.

We have already replaced old communication cards and other parts of the
hardware, but without any sensible effect.

Now we have started to analyse the traffic, which was very interesting but
didn't help at the moment.

An idea is, that we have many packets that are sent twice, but I don't know
how to filter for such packets. Does ethereal provide this? The packages I
think of, have the same TPDU number and the same destination reference.

Does anybody have also another idea? I can send the data (or a part of it
because it is very large), if your are interested.

Thanks for your help.

Ulrich

--
DSL Komplett von GMX +++ Superg�nstig und stressfrei einsteigen!
AKTION "Kein Einrichtungspreis" nutzen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl