Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] RTP Analysis: Error: "Can't save in afile:Unsupported codec

From: Erik Naslund <erik.naslund@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:54:04 -0500
Ok, attached is the capture file. I stripped out all but the rtp
packets using display filter:

rtp

I figured i didnt want to share all my vonage info and phone numbers
with the world. If the other packets are needed, perhaps the dev can
contact me directly.

This is a capture of a fabulously staged conversation concerning the
weather with my wife, including several numbers pressed during the
conversation.

I tried your suggestion and filtered out the rtp.event packets,
leaving only the rtp.p_type==0 packets. This allowed me to create the
audio file, however, the more buttons that get pressed in the
conversation, the more the timing of the forward and reverse streams
becomes 'off'. You can tell at the very end particularly in this
conversation. (notice the hangup sound comes about a second before the
conversation ends).

While this is minor, the more keys pressed during the conversation, my
guess the further out of sync the conversation will become.

So yeah, hope this helps, let me know if I can provide any additional info.