Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] new to tracing and ethereal

From: "Prokopek, John" <john.prokopek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:02:45 -0500
Title: new to tracing and ethereal

I am new to tracing and ethereal ( as the title states!)
I have an application that send large chunks of text over a tcp socket.
I thought I should be able to see these messages but I do not.
When I run the app the dialog window that shows captured packets with %total shows an increase in traffic but when I filter by the ip address, the address the system is running on, and the port number, the display returns no messages.

so.... what then hell am I don't wrong???

thanks

john