Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] How to use Ethereal with ATM captures?

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:06:07 -0800
Ivanov Anton wrote:

Thanx a lot!
I'll try 1) first, not to waste your time.

The frame relay dissector registers itself as "fr", so a handle for the dissector can be gotten with a

	find_dissector("fr")

call in proto_reg_handoff_atm().

In "dissect_reassembled_pdu()", the switch statement should check for TRAF_FR and call call_dissector() with that handle.

If you get that working (it should just work if it's just a regular frame relay packet encapsulated in an AAL5 packet), send us the changes so we can put it into the release.

If you have a frame relay-over-ATM capture that it's OK to make public (no private data, private IP addresses, etc.), you might want to send us that, as well, so we can use it for testing to make sure we don't break any of the dissectors involved in the future.

But one more question:
How can I build Ethereal from workspace (not from command line) using MS
VC++ 6.0, if I can.

Well, one way would be to create what, if I remember correctly, is called a "Makefile project", or something such as that, using the existing Ethereal top-level Makefile.nmake.

If you want a "real" project, you might have to do it by hand; I don't know whether there are any tools that can generate the project files automatically.