Ethereal-users: Re:Re: [Ethereal-users] How to use Ethereal with ATM captures?

From: "Ivanov Anton" <anthony_johnson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:19:00 +0300
> Ivanov Anton wrote:
>
> > I have a little problem when trying to watch ATM captures made by ATM
> > Sniffer.
> > I have ATM stream with Frame Relay over AAL5 and TCP/IP over FR.
> > Ethereal shows only the fact of FRoATM, but it doesn't dissect FR.
> > How can I solve this promlem, if I can.
>
> 1) add code to the ATM dissector to call the Frame Relay dissector;
>
> 2) send us a capture so we can add that code and test it;
>
> 3) tell us what the encapsulation is and then be willing to download
> buildbot builds and compile them or, on Windows, install them and try
them.

> 1) or 2) would be best, as the people who have the capture and the
> people who implement the dissection would be the same.

Thanx a lot!
I'll try 1) first, not to waste your time. But one more question:
How can I build Ethereal from workspace (not from command line) using MS
VC++ 6.0, if I can.
This question is not about dissector only. I would like to study out how
Ethereal working (I would like to trace it), if I may.
How can I do that.
Thank you again.