Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] RTP Analysis: Error: "Can't save in a file: Unsupported codec!"

From: Erik Naslund <erik.naslund@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:48:58 -0500
My first post to this mailing list:

OS: Windows 2000 Server
WINPCAP Ver 2.3
Ethereal Ver 0.10.10
RTP Encoding: G.711

I am a vonage customer, and am having some difficulty in saving
certain RTP payloads to an audio file.

This feature seems to work fine as long as no telephone buttons are
pressed during the conversation. However, if a button is pressed and a
tone generated, it seems to foul up the process, resulting in the
error message in the subject line of this post.

I apologize if this has been brought up and answered on this mailing
list previously, again I am new and am not sure exactly if I can
search back posts.

-Erik