Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Weird default capture filter

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:00:01 -0600
Olaf van der Spek wrote:

> For some reason my default capture filter in Ethereal 0.10.10 is "not
> ip host HOLAF".
> Where can this default filter be deleted?

Are you running remotely?  If any of the environment variables listed at
http://wiki.ethereal.com/CaptureFilters#head-857e33ab14de0141faabaa943bf155fafc9126ec
are present, Ethereal assumes it's running via a remote connection and
constructs a default capture filter in order to exclude its own session
data.  Other than un-setting the offending environment variable(s),
there isn't any way to disable this behavior at the present time.