Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Can't open ethereal's preferences window in Windows

From: "Sebastian Bauer" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:52:36 +0100
I wrote:
Hello,

I'm using ethereal 0.10.9 on Windows. After selecting the menu
"Edit/Preferences..." I get following error message:

**ERROR**: file shape.c: line 75 (pango_shape):
assertion failed: (glyph->num_glyph > 0)

I have looked through the email archive and noticed this problem was
brought up already but I found no solution. I think this bug is
present since 0.10.6 or 0.10.5 (if required I do more tests). Is
there any chance that this will get fixed soon? Or is there a
workarround available? Any hints are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I didn't get any answer up to now and the problem stays same in 0.10.10. I would be really nice if somebody could fix the problem or tell how to workarround the problem. Or whom can I contact?

It works fine with the GTK1 program version BTW, but I would prefer the use the GTK2 program version.

Ciao,
Sebastian