Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] How to use Ethereal with ATM captures?

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 12:48:35 -0800
Ivanov Anton wrote:

I have a little problem when trying to watch ATM captures made by ATM Sniffer.
I have ATM stream with Frame Relay over AAL5 and TCP/IP over FR.
Ethereal shows only the fact of FRoATM, but it doesn't dissect FR.
How can I solve this promlem, if I can.

1) add code to the ATM dissector to call the Frame Relay dissector;

2) send us a capture so we can add that code and test it;

3) tell us what the encapsulation is and then be willing to download buildbot builds and compile them or, on Windows, install them and try them.

1) or 2) would be best, as the people who have the capture and the people who implement the dissection would be the same.