Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Error decoding tagged Radius attributes

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 12:24:06 -0800
carlos.garciagarcia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I'm having problems decoding tagged Radius attributes (like Tunnel-Type or Tunnel-Medium-Type).

The total length of the attribute is 6, which is what the RFC says, but Ethereal considers that the attribute is incomplete because the length is not >= 7, and doesn't decode it. So it seems that the expected length of the attributte is somehow miscalculated.

Yes - the Radius dissector was expecting there to be 5 bytes of data in a tagged integer attribute, not 4. I've checked in a fix.