Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Open Dialog Add Favourite Folder Not Working

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 02:36:04 -0800
keithfrench wrote:
I have Ethereal V 0.10.9 running on Windows 98SE. When I use
the Open File dialog box and highlight a folder in the right
hand pane and click the "Add" button", this should provide a
quick shortcut to the folder in the left hand pane of the
dialog box beneath the drive icons. This works fine on Win2K
and WinXP, but I cannot get it to work under Win98SE.

That's *probably* a GTK+ problem. Did you install Ethereal with GTK+ 2.x on W98? (There is an issue with some version of GTK+ with Windows 95/98/Me and NT 4.0, as I remember, but I don't remember the details.)

I was
running WinPcap V3.0 (final) and have also tried V 3.1 beta
4 just in case it was anything related to the packet capture
drive, but this made no difference.

Not surprising - WinPcap knows nothing of GTK+, and GTK+ knows nothing of WinPcap; the only thing connecting them is that Ethereal uses both of them.