Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] mandrake-10.1official ethereal-0.10.8 ./configure GTK+ inst

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 18:08:32 -0800
ebay2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Newbie here. Trying to compile virgin ethereal-0.10.8.tar.bz2 to eventually add a new WTP type dissector.

Q:  Will subversion fix up all my lib incompatibilities?

No, because the problem appears to be that it can't find GTK+.

Do you have GTK+ installed?  Ethereal requires it.

You also don't appear to have GLib installed. Those aren't "incompatibilities", those are absences. :-)