Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Starting and Stopping of Ethereal

From: "Ogborn, Charlie" <Charlie.Ogborn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 09:13:41 -0600
I would like to create a "Start Capture" and a "Stop Capture" icon on
User's Desktop for Windows OS.  This will allow a user to perform data
captures and save to different files.

Another possibility is to have the capture continuously running but wrap
the buffer.  The "Stop Capture" icon can be changed to "I Have a
Problem" icon.  The captured file will contain network traces up to and
including their problems.

Is this possible with Ethereal?  This means that Ethereal has to be
executed in a DOS Command Prompt or scripted to start/stop using batch
file.

Have a great day,
Charlie Ogborn
Accenture
Best Buy Technology Group
Mail Stop A4-128
7601 Penn Avenue South
Richfield, MN 55423

Phone: (612) 291-2737
E-mail: charlie.ogborn@xxxxxxxxxxx

privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.   If you have
received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
the original.  Any other user of the email by you is prohibited.