Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] DNS filtering

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 10:44:01 -0800
Carlos Garcia wrote:

I am trying to monitor DNS traffic for a remote location in our network. I have setup capturing with “host 192.168.4.1 and port 53” .

192.168.4.1 being the serial ip of the router on the remote location. I start monitoring but cannot see any packets.

Is the machine running Ethereal plugged into a switch?

	http://www.ethereal.com/faq#q5.1