Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Is there a way to limit the available filters in the displa

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 16:56:23 -0800
Jeff Heath wrote:
Is there a way to remove some of the available choices in the display
filter expression screen (Analyze -> Display Filter -> Expression) ?
I'm doing work on an MGCP gateway and the only filters I'm interested in
applying are the IP, MGCP, and SIP filters.  I know it's a  whiny
complaint, but if someone could point me to the right place in the code
I'd be willing to attempt to write a patch to add some sort of selection
mechanism for dissectors of interest.

Does that mean only "the only filters I'm interested in applying are...", or does it also mean "the only protocols I care about dissecting are... and the protocols that encapsulate them?"

If it's the latter, then there's already a mechanism for disabling protocols; we could disable the display of filters for disabled protocols.