Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] OPLOCK

From: Prize Jose <PJose@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 11:38:48 -0500
Hello all,

I captured a trace using ethereal during a performance problem.

I see two LOCK requests just before the client PC seems hanging.

Here is the details of the lock  from SMB details

Server is Novel and client is Windows XP.

Please note the lock types( 0x02 and 0x12) in both these requests.

Can some one please explain the meaning of these lock requests.

I don't see any  entries for either client or server for the next few
minutes.

1. From  Server ------->  client

Locking AndX Request :(0x24)
Word Count (WCT) : 8
AndXCommand: No further commands (0xff)
Reserved: 00
AndXoffset: 57054
FID : 0x4014

Lock Type: 0x02
 Oplock level :  Level 2 oplock currently held by client (1)
Timeout :  Return immediately (0)
 Number of Unlocks : 0
Number of Locks : 0

2. From  Client -----> Server

Locking AndX Request :(0x24)
Word Count (WCT) : 8
AndXCommand: No further commands (0xff)
Reserved: 00
AndXoffset: 57054
FID : 0x4014

Lock Type: 0x12
 Oplock level :  Level 2 oplock currently held by client (1)
Timeout :  wait indefinitely   (-1)
 Number of Unlocks : 0
Number of Locks : 0

Thanks