Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal + madwifi +wep

From: vijayvithal jahagirdar <jahagirdar.vs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 19:05:50 +0530
Ken,
I am using a similar configuration (madwifi pre dec 15 version,
Ethereal 0.8, FC 2)and it is able to decrypt wep packets. I am not
sure about what you mean by 'plug wep key into evolution' but teh
settings which make wep work are as follows
Go to 802.11 protocol pref's
enable Assume packets have FCS
Disable ignore wep bit
Set the wep key count to an appropriate value
and enter teh wep key in hex
for eg if your key was ascii "00000" enter
30:30:30:30:30

Note if it finds an error in teh wep packet it does not flag an error
it just says unverified OTOH if it is able to decrypt the packet it
flags it as correct
HTH
Jahagirdar Vijayvithal S