Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] RARP not traced

From: Richard J Moore <richardj_moore@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 07:08:40 +0000

Yes, I see the ARP resps now.  I think that using port mirrorring to view
what was happening at the interfaces to a switch was getting in the way. If
I use tethereal from the cmdline I see the complete flow.
- -
Richard J Moore
IBM Advanced Linux Response Team - Linux Technology Centre
MOBEX: 264807; Mobile (+44) (0)7739-875237
Office: (+44) (0)1962-817072

             "Mike
             Armstrong"
             <mfa@xxxxxxxxx.                                            To
             ufl.edu>               <ethereal-users@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Richard
                                    J Moore/UK/IBM@IBMGB
             01/03/2005                                                 cc
             19:14
                                                                       bcc

                                                                   Subject
                                    [Ethereal-users] RARP not traced

Here's a typical ARP sequence I see, using 0.10.9(C) under Windows:

   No.    Time                   Source                    Destination
Protocol   Info
   1786 13:57:37.755773 10.230.52.162        Broadcast               ARP
Who has 10.230.53.3?  Tell 10.230.52.162
   1787 13:57:37.755810 10.230.53.3           10.230.52.162         ARP
10.230.53.3 is at 00:08:02:58:51:56

Mike Armstrong
UF/IFAS CREC
Lake Alfred, FL