Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal + madwifi +wep

From: Ken Mandelberg <km@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 18:34:32 -0500
 I"m trying to use madwifi in monitor mode with ethereal reading and
 decoding a wep encoded session. I plug the wep key into evolution, but
 it doesn"t decrypt the encrypted traffic. Just looking through the
 802.11 headers, I"m suspicious that its not even finding the right key #
 in the traffic.

 I"m running on Fedora Core 3. Do I need some patches? Perhaps ethereal
 is expecting a prism not a atheros and that's throwing off the decoding?