Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] What is "Linux cooked capture" and why does it add 2 bytes?

From: "Rutger Thomschitz" <olds76@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 07:11:28 -0500
Dear Group,

I have been using Ethereal for a while now and find it to be an awesome resource. However, just recently, as I was doing an experiment with VTun (an opensource VPN solution) I noticed Ethereal reporting "Linux cooked capture", which seems to add an additonal 2 bytes. What is "Linux cooked capture"? (Please see here for a screen capture: http://filebox.vt.edu/users/hthomsch/vtun/ethereal/Ethereal_capture_pic_of_VTun.jpg)

Thank you very much.
I look forward to your replies.

Sincerely,
Rutger