Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Can't get list of interfaces error

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 11:15:51 -0800
Jean-Louis PANTZ wrote:

whern i lauch etherreal 0.10.8 i have this message

I think that's a problem with one version of WinPcap; what version are you using? If you're not using 3.1 beta 4, you might try un-installing WinPcap and then installing 3.1 beta 4 - it's a beta, so it might have some problems that need to be fixed (report those to the WinPcap developers), but I think it might fix that problem.

If you're using 3.1 beta 4 now, or upgrading to 3.1 beta 4 doesn't fix the problem, try downloading WinPcap:

	http://winpcap.polito.it/

and run it with the "-D" option - if you get the same error, report it to the WinPcap developers.

When reporting problems to the WinPcap developers, see

	http://winpcap.polito.it/contact.htm

See the section on "Submitting bugs", sspecially the part about the "packet.dll variant with some advanced debugging pictures".