Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Beginner in trouble

From: "Craig Wicker" <CWicker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 08:54:05 -0500
Here is what I get when I use TechNet to look up the problem:

 Knowledge Base

<Program> Causes Invalid Page Fault Error in Msvcrt.dll
PSS ID Number: 192123

Article Last Modified on 8/6/2002

--------

Microsoft Windows 98
Microsoft Windows 95
Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0
Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0

--------

If this article does not describe the error message that you are
receiving, view the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article to view
more articles that describe error messages:
315854 Windows 98 and Windows Me Error Message Resource Center

SYMPTOMS
You may receive the following error message when you run a Microsoft
Visual Basic program:
Program caused an invalid page fault in module MSVCRT.DLL at
xxxx:xxxxxxxx
CAUSE
This behavior can occur if you have version 6.00.8168.0 of the
Msvcrt.dll file installed. This version of the file is included with
Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 and Visual Basic programs written with
Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, download and install the Microsoft Libraries
Update. For information about the availability of the Microsoft
Libraries Update, please see the following article in the Microsoft
Knowledge Base:
221946 Availability of the Microsoft Libraries Update

NOTE: If you install the Microsoft Libraries Update before installing
the Visual Basic program, download and install the Microsoft Libraries
Update again.
MORE INFORMATION
The Microsoft Libraries Update resolves an issue that can cause some
programs to behave unexpectedly after the installation of Microsoft
Works Suite 99, Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia 99 (United States only),
Microsoft Encarta Virtual Globe 99, Microsoft Graphics Studio Greetings
99, or other third-party software. Affected programs include America
Online (AOL) version 4.0 and HyperTerminal.

For additional information, please see the following article in the
Microsoft Knowledge Base:
190536 Invalid Page Fault in MSVCRT.DLL

Additional query words: Visual C Runtime Library hypertrm exe msvcrt dll

Technology: kbWin95search kbWin98 kbWin98search kbWinNT400search
kbWinNTS400 kbWinNTS400search kbWinNTsearch kbWinNTSsearch kbWinNTW400
kbWinNTW400search kbWinNTWsearch kbZNotKeyword3

--------

Craig Wicker
Systems Administrator
Hooker Furniture Corporation