Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal crashes during Statistics/Conversations/TCP

Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 15:09:59 -0500

Ethereal crashes when I analyze some previously captured files.

Here are the steps to cause the crash:

Start Ethereal
Enable View/Name Resolution/Mac+Network+Transport (all 3 enabled)
Open a saved capture file.
Choose menu: Statistics/Conversations
Click the TCP tab (Name Resolution is checked).
Copy the table and paste it to a Notepad document. (about 10 lines)
Uncheck Name Resolution
Copy and paste it to the Notepad document again.
Click the UDP tab
Check the Name Resolution box:
Click Copy.

Ethereal Crashes with a "Ethereal has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. ... Please tell Microsoft about this problem." (like they can help!).

I have a copy of the error report, if needed.

Ethereal Version 0.10.7, WinPcap 3.0 alpha3, Windows XP Service Pack 2, build 2600

Thanks for any help,

Jeff