Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal hangs when doing RTP Stream Analysi s on the attac

From: "Francisco Alcoba (TS/EEM)" <francisco.alcoba@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 18:20:23 +0100
>The attached file contains 4 packets extracted from a real network capture of a modem connection
>over RTP.  When I load it into Ethereal, ask to decode it as RTP, and then select  Statistics -
>Rtp - Steam Analysis in the menus, Ethereal hangs.  I upgraded to the latest on the web site
>(0.10.7) and still no luck.  In running Ethereal on Win XP SP2.  Anyone know what's going wrong?

Hi,

This comes from a problem dealing with traces in which, as is your case, a packet has a
timestamp that is lower than a previous one, so Ethereal thinks that there is an infinite
amount of time between them. It should be corrected for the next release, probably 0.10.8.

You might want to have a look at your temp directory -probably under
\Documents and settings\<user>\Local Settings\temp- , where you might have some potentially
big files Ethereal was writing while it seemed hung.

Regards,

  Francisco