Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Is it possible to use ethereal for tracing on a isdn bri i

From: "Guy Harris" <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 12:42:52 -0700 (PDT)
jan.peeters said:

> I'm using ethereal for quiet a while now on my laptob running winXP.
> I was wondering if  it would be possible to use ethereal on isdn bri
> interface:
> - D-channel: layer2/layer3
> - B-channel
> (isdn bri pcmcia card vendor: intel/eicom)
>
> Any response is much appreciated!

Good, because I just sent a response to winpcap-users. :-)  This is really
mainly a WinPcap issue.

The answer in that message is probably best summarized as "you probably
won't be able to capture D-channel traffic, but you might be able to
capture B-channel PPP-over-ISDN traffic if you use WinPcap 3.1, although
it might appear to be fake Ethernet traffic".