Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] how can i export many capture files to .txt?

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 00:37:26 -0700
nooshin bigdeli wrote:

but where i should write the command?

In a "Command Prompt" window.

i work in winxp area. should i install tetheral eperately.

No. If you've installed Ethereal, you've also installed Tethereal (unless there's an installation option to control whether to install it or not).

Ethereal is probably installed in C:\Program Files\Ethereal (or, perhaps, "Program Files" tranlsated to Farsi, if Windows internationalizes that directory's name). There should be a "tethereal.exe" in that directory as well; you can run it from the command line as

	"C:\Program Files\Ethereal\tethereal"

(you'll need to include the quotation marks, as there's a space in "Program Files"; if Windows doesn't call it "Program Files", use whatever it calls that directory), or you can set the properties for, I think, "My Computer" (I'm typing at my Mac now, so I don't have Windows available to look at), to add "C:\Program Files\Ethereal" to the "PATH" environment variable, so that you can just run "tethereal" (the quotes wouldn't be necessary).