Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Color packet help

From: "Guy Harris" <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 16:16:29 -0700 (PDT)
Steven Chen said:

> I try 'packet colorization', but I always get error message of "Filter
> "http" did not compile correctly".

You probably got more of an error message than that; it probably said

    "Please try again.  Filter unchanged."

after that, and probably said something more after

    "Please try again.  Filter unchanged."

The "something more after..." tells you what the error was.  In the error
message, "http" is the name of the filter, *not* the filter expression.
If, for example, you set both the name *and* the string for the filter to
"http", that should work.