Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Crashing

Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 17:28:50 +0100

Hi,

I had ethereal working fine a while ago, but now it seems to crash whenever it starts capturing. It sits there fine until some activity starts. Then I get a windows error message;
AppName: ethereal.exe         AppVer: 0.10.7.0         ModName: adns_dll.dll
ModVer: 1.0.0.4         Offset: 0000127a

I then have to close it. This shuts the main window down but the captured packets window still gives live readings.
I got this with the older 10.5 ver as well. I uninstalled and then reinstalled the newer ver.

OS = Win XP pro
Latest ethereal and winpcap

Any help appreciated.

Steve Ricks