Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] DCERPC over SMB, DCERPC over TCP

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 10:18:58 +1000
DCE/RPC over SMB  and DCE/RPC over TCP are both so called ncacn_
transports and are thus both connectionoriented   thus they are
identical as far as the DCE/RPC layer is concerned.

DCE/RPC over UDP is different however since it is connectionless and
therefore use completely different PDU structures and mechanisms in
the DCE/RPC layer.