Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Problem in compiling ethereal

From: "harsha ss" <harsha.ss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 21 Oct 2004 13:33:21 -0000

Hi,
   I am trying to install ethereal on a Solaris machine first time The version I am trying to install is Ethereal-0.10.6. It is working fine with the configure but I have a problem in the make.This is the problem which is shown .

 Can anyone tell me what is the problem.

/cadappl/bin/perl ./make-version.pl
This is not a SVN build.
svnversion.h is up-to-date.
make  all-recursive
Making all in tools
Making all in lemon
Making all in wiretap
make  all-am
Making all in doc
Making all in epan
Making all in ftypes
Making all in dfilter
Making all in dissectors
make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 987: Unexpected end of line seen
Current working directory /psc/proj/gsm/gprs/rlcmac/ethereal-0.10.6/ethereal/epan/dissectors
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /psc/proj/gsm/gprs/rlcmac/ethereal-0.10.6/ethereal/epan
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /psc/proj/gsm/gprs/rlcmac/ethereal-0.10.6/ethereal
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed

regards
   harsha