Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal not loading on Windows 2000 Server

From: "Mark Boyd" <mboyd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:11:22 +0100

To Whom It May Concern:

I have recently installed Ethereal on my own PC on our network (Windows XP) and it loads & runs great. However I have tried installing the product on our network server (Windows 2000 server) and the installation went fine however when I open the program the following window appears:

            ‘ETHEREAL – NETWORK PROTOCOL ANALYSER’

            ‘Registering dissectors….’

And then nothing happens, the interface does not load. Could there be a compatibility issue with Windows 2k server? Or a bad installation? It would value any help on this one.

Regards,

Mark Boyd

Mark Boyd,

Webzone Ltd.