Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal crashing

From: daryl <kdawg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 03:28:06 -0400
I've been using Ethereal for a very long time, but only with recent versions have I incurred any difficulties. Seems that somewhere around version 0.10.5 or so, Ethereal would no longer open as it crashes on start-up with 0.10.6 and a few minor-version numbers lower than that. The machine in question runs Windows 98 (not SE) and will crash with atleast 0.10.6 every time it is started; I thought for some reason this was because of its saved working directory and the amount of captures I have saved there, but even after re-installing it would continue to crash. I'm pretty sure this started befoer 0.10.6 and I had upgraded to 0.10.6 hoping that the problem would no longer exist, but it does and I just haven't gotten around to writing about it yet. However, I just tried uninstalling 0.10.6 and installing 0.10.0 which seems to work just fine.
Any suggesitons?
Thanks.