Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Asking for publishing magazine

From: "Bacchu, Anjan" <Anjan.Bacchu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 17:55:12 -0700
In the FAQ(http://www.ethereal.com/faq.html) for ethereal,

....The license under which Ethereal is issued is the GNU General Public
License. See the GNU GPL FAQ for some more information.

Q 1.2: How much does Ethereal cost?

A: Ethereal is "free software"; you can download it without paying any
license fee. The version of Ethereal you download isn't a "demo" version,
with limitations not present in a "full" version; it is the full version.

The license under which Ethereal is issued is the GNU General Public
License. See the GNU GPL FAQ for some more information.

SUMMARY : Since you're distributing as part of your magazine, there are no
problems. GO AHEAD.
I believe (correct me somebody, if I'm wrong). You DO NOT have to take
anyone's permission.
But it is nice of you to let the developers/users that you're distributing
it.

P.S : I am a user like you -- I'm just sharing my understanding of the GPL
license.

BR,
~A