Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal does not display enterprise SNMP MIBS any more?

From: RON FLORY <ron.flory@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 08:26:43 -0500
hi-

 I am seeing a change in Ethereal or the combination of Ethereal and
Net-SNMP behavior from all previous versions I have used in the
past.

 Using Ethereal and Net-SNMP built from sources (see attached image
for versions, etc.) enterprise OIDs are no longer displayed in their
symbolic form ( i.e., all I get now are raw numeric OIDs ).

 When I perform a commandline 'snmpwalk' the OIDs are all displayed
in their correct symbolic form.

 I have set the 'MIBS="all"' to ensure all MIBS, (including my
enterprise mibs in .snmp/mibs) should be searched.

 Has anybody else noticed this or discovered an obvious workaround
that I appear to have missed?

ron

GIF image