Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Facing a problem when I try to capture NetBeui packet (NBF) of

From: "Bassam A. Al-Khaffaf" <bassam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 14:38:57 +0800

I am trying to capture the ether type frames that contain only the NetBeui (NBF) packets by using the tcpdump, but unfortunately I am getting error in spite of following the instructions in the man page. The command that I am writing is as follows:

tcpdump ether proto \\netbeui

the error that I am getting is:

tcpdump: unknown ether proto ‘netbeui’

But for other ether frame protocols such as arp, rarp and ip there is no problem and they work. So any body can help me to solve this problem?

Regards

Bassam A. Al-Khaffaf

R & D Engineer

R & D Department