Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] ?BUG? - Failure with less than 256 colors on W2K3 Server wi

From: Biot Olivier <Olivier.Biot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 16:15:57 +0200
|From: Hesse, Ralf
|

|Hi cracks,
|
|I just installed the newest version on a fresh installed W2K3-Server.
|Installation was successfully. But starting ethereal over a
|Terminal-Client
|session failed with the reason that there would be to less colors.
|
|I was looking for a possibility to change config of the
|"Remote Desktop" how
|it is called by MS. But no chance to increase the number of
|colors...! Thats
|a pitty! - I have now to login with something like PC-Anywhere
|or Dameware and thats less comfortable and slower...!

You can also try VNC.

|Does anybody has an idea?

The problem resides in the graphical libraries Ethereal uses (GTK+), not in
Ethereal. I suspect you're using a GTK+ 2.x build of Ethereal. If so, you
may try uninstalling it and reinstalling it by choosing the GTK+ 1.x build
from the installer (pull-down item if I remember correctly).

Please note that the current version of Ethereal is 0.10.4.

Regards,

Olivier