Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] a hypothetical situation and is their a way to work it

From: "John F. Regus" <jfregus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 05:47:32 -0500
I am getting bombed with malware from certain sites that I can trace back to a spoofed IP address that hijacks a legitimate IP address from the first hop the intruder hits.
The intruders address always shows up as ??? ??? ??? ???.
However, if I can see the traffic going into the hop and time correlate it to what was coming in att the same time and what went out milliseconds later, then I might be able to capture the real IP address and turn it over to CERT/FBI.

Is there a way to do this with Ethereal?

Thanks,
John Regus