Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] bug in 0.10.4

From: Richard A Painter <painter@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 23:19:42 -0600
on win98 first edition i get the following error message dialog at the start of the capture:

The file "D:\tmp/etherXXXXa07251" could not be opened: Uncompression error: buffer error.

this happens every time AND althouth the capture packet counts are updating none are displaying and do not display after stopping the capture.

i did NOT specify a capture file.

this *appears* to have an incorrect folder separator character "/" for windows.

any ideas on how to get this fixed?

thanks,
rich

| Richard A. Painter            Phone 719 495 7054              |
| Painter Engineering, Inc.     Mailto:painter@xxxxxxxx         |
| 8470 Swan Rd.                                                 |
| Black Forest, CO 80908        LatLon: N39:1:41.1 W104:40:8.4  |
| Visit our Web site:         http://painter.inc                |
|         http://home.earthlink.net/~painterengineering         |
| Systems & Software Engineering + LAN WAN Networking + X.25    |
| INTERNET TCP-IP + Real-time Transaction Processing            |
| System & Software Integration, Testing, Verification & Audits |
| Web Hosting & Design + Apache + PHP + modSSL + cURL           |
| Database Design & Applications + Oracle                       |
| Benchmarks + Course & Workshop Development & Delivery         |
| Financial and Medical Software Integration + Security         |
| Middleware + EDI + Cryptography + Firewalls                   |
| Embedded Hardware & Software Development                      |
| UNIX + Linux + Windows                                        |
| If you think technology can solve your security problems then |
| you don't understand the problems and you don't understand    |
| the technology.        - Bruce Schneier                       |
| Face it.  You have no privacy!   - Scott McNealy              |
| For a successful technology, reality must take precedence     |
| over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.           |
|                 - Richard P. Feynman                          |
| The future always arrives too soon and in the wrong order!    |
|    - Alvin Toffler                                            |
| What is popular is not always right and what is right is not  |
| always popular.     - Howard Cosell                           |
| Ned Ludd wasn't completely wrong!                             |
| Chance favors the prepared mind!   Illegitima non carborundum |