Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] ethereal Windows XP SP2 RC1 doesn't get Adap ter list

From: Biot Olivier <Olivier.Biot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 15:22:14 +0200
|From: Guido Roeskens
|

|Hello,
|
|I'm not subscribed to the list, so please cc: me
|
|Problem:
|When I start ethereal (0.10.3 and 0.10.4) I cannot start a capture.
|
|I get the following error message
|"Can't get list of interfaces: PacketGetAdapterNames: The operation
|completed successfully."
|
|System:
|- Windows XP with SP2 Release Candidate 1
|- WinPCAP 3.0 (I uninstalled and reinstalled after install of
|  WinXP SP2)
|   (is running after msinfo32)

This is a known problem wih WinPCAP 3.0 and 3.1 beta-1. Consider
uninstalling WinPCAP 3.0 and installing 3.1 beta-3; although it is beta
software it fixes many issues and did not cause issues to my knowledge.

Regards,

Olivier