Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] ethereal Windows XP SP2 RC1 doesn't get Adapter list

From: Guido Roeskens <GRoeskens@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 13:39:57 +0200
Hello,

I'm not subscribed to the list, so please cc: me

Problem:
When I start ethereal (0.10.3 and 0.10.4) I cannot start a capture.

I get the following error message
"Can't get list of interfaces: PacketGetAdapterNames: The operation completed successfully."

and no Adapters are listed.

I did start ethereal as user Administrator as well (using "run as" feature)

System:
- Windows XP with SP2 Release Candidate 1
- WinPCAP 3.0 (I uninstalled and reinstalled after install of WinXP SP2)
  (is running after msinfo32)

Anything known?
What can I try (test...)

Thank you,