Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Would like to use Network tap and multiple promiscuous 10/100 i

From: Mike W <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 02:12:50 -0400
Is there a way with Ethereal to listen in promiscuous mode to more than one physical interface? I wish to use a TAP to monitor 10/100 networks.

The only solution that I can see is to run two instances of Ethereal, each listening to a different interface, and then using mergecap.exe to create a single file. I have not as of yet tested this, and would like to hear if this is a method that has had some success. Of course, if there is a better method I would be anxious to learn of it.

FYI - Using Windows XP Pro operating system and Ethereal 10.3

Thanks,

mike