Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] RedHat make rpm-package

Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 19:46:24 +0200
Hello.

I'm having a trouble creating the rpm package for RedHat 7.1, for the latest
version of ethereal.
The compilation of ethereal worked fine, but when I start 'make rpm-package', the
rpm compilation stops and it says:
-----
RPM build errors:
    File not found by glob: /tmp/ethereal-0.10.3-root/usr/lib/libwiretap.so*
    File not found by glob: /tmp/ethereal-0.10.3-root/usr/lib/libethereal.so*
make: *** [rpm-package] Error 1
-----

The /tmp/ethereal-0.10.3-root/usr/lib/ directory is not present, and I think that
it should be created by rpm-package, but it isn't.
I tried to make a symbolic link to the directory /usr/src/ethereal-
0.10.3/packaging/rpm/BUILD/ethereal-0.10.3/wiretap/.libs/ where the requested file
stands, but this doesn't work because I think that the tmp dir is deleted and
recreated by the rpm-package.

Any help is welcome...

Thank you,

Daniel