Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Capture interfaces (loopback?)

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 01:59:38 -0700
On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 04:23:35PM +0200, Sttf wrote:
> Any. Network associates sniffer, Etherpeek NX, etc. all sniffers that i've
> tried until now had this essential functionality.

Perhaps the developers at Network Associates, Wildpackets, etc.  have
figured out a way to get looped-back packets from NDIS drivers - or get
them using some mechanism other than the NDIS mechanisms - but the
WinPcap developers haven't.  It might be that the way to get those
packets isn't documented by Microsoft.