Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Gsm?

From: Biot Olivier <Olivier.Biot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 09:34:03 +0200
|-----Original Message-----
|From: Lorenzo
|
|Hi all,
|
|I'd like to know if it's possible with ethereal to view my own gsm
|traffic and sms, and if its possible how can i do?

This is only possible if you have access to equipment from the GSM network
you're being served at, and that you are able to capture from their
equipment.

Regarding GSM SMS you may need to tap into the operator's IP network and
search for SMPP or UCP which arhave a dissector in Ethereal today. However
there are many more SMSC communication protocols.

Regards,

Olivier